February 15, 2012

Gray is the New Green!

My sister gave me these chairs that she bought a while back at Target, sold for $14 for the pair. She previously used them in her game room-at the craft table.


I really liked the shape of the chairs, but not the green color. Other chairs similar to this style can range from $50-$400.
I liked these ones from West Elm

I sprayed each chair with two coats of primer- gray primer.
Then, I used two coats of Rust-Oleum stone gray paint in satin, allowing 24 hours of drying time between each coat. I chose satin because I didn't want the chairs to appear "shiny"
Without further adieu, here they are-

(see Addyson napping in the background- I was able to put these back together while she slept for an hour)



What color do you like better- the gray or green? I actually like gray, green, and blue. I just painted my dining room a mixture of all three. Finally, I was able to find a paint color I really liked for the dining room. I'll post more on that tomorrow, when I get the room put back together.

Did you paint anything recently?

Enjoy!
  ~Amy

No comments: