March 12, 2012

Chalkboard Vase

I wanted to spruce up an existing vase that I already had. I had some chalkboard paint laying around and figured on using what I had on hand already.

First, I washed the vase and taped off the edges (using a level to make sure the tape was even) to make a nice square on the glass front.
I used a paintbrush I already had on hand and painted the inside of the square. I think spray paint would have worked better, but I didn't have any.
Applied three light coats, allowing drying time in between.
Here is the finished project with a few tulips inside. I love the smell of flowers, they are cheap, and are a natural way to make your house smell so good!


Now tell me again, how do you keep Tulips alive? I have a lot of little projects to show you as I continue to work on the striped walls. Ran out of painter's tape again!
What did you do this weekend?
Enjoy!
  ~Amy

No comments: