February 21, 2012

The Entry Way's Beginning...

I hate my entry way- did I ever tell you that?
It is small, too crammed to sit down, and not a lot of style. I knew I needed to come up with a solution for all of our winter gear: gloves, hats, and scarfs.
Entry way when we started:



I had a stand I bought a while ago for the downstairs bathroom, but since I have a new idea for in there, the stand wasn't being used. I got it from Ikea a while ago, but I don't remember the name or how much it was.



I got the baskets the other day at Target for $12 a piece. I then bought the unfinished numbers from amazon.com for $4.00 a piece.



I spray painted the numbers black. I then used a piece of painter's tape so when I drilled the hole it didn't split the wood. I drilled a hole in each number and then attached the numbers to the basket using twine.






I really like the way it looks. I also added a mirror on the other wall and hope to add some picture frames as well.


I have to now add some more picture frames, hang a new light fixture, maybe update the banister, add corner round around the flooring, and the list goes on and on...



I love organizing.... I had a Thirty-One party this past weekend and it was a lot of fun! They have so many awesome organizing bins, baskets, and bags. I think my wish list is at $500. I can't wait to order.

Look who came to the party to visit Emma- our friend Beth's little boy. Isn't he adorable?


(Look at all of these awesome bags!)

 
Enjoy!
  ~Amy
Do you label your baskets? Do you have baskets in your entry way?

No comments: